Monday, October 21, 2019

End of MP 1 Blog Post

Intention Definition & Exploration Ideas
Throughout the first marking period I wanted to toy with idea of using themes and possibly start to create some kind of story with it. What I decided to come up with is a story with the theme of chosen by destiny. I wanted to see how well I would do with creating a mini story with a theme given to it. The idea was that he would be chosen by destiny to protect his town from some monster attacking it. Besides this another thing I have taken interest is working on editing the digital set for cvtv and set it up for holidays like Halloween,Christmas,new years etc.

Planning
Through the course of the marking period I have worked on some pieces for it so far. The idea I had for the enemy was some sort of skeleton warrior that the main character would fight. I haven't had a chance to work on the set yet but when I do i'll have to figure out how to use blender 2.8 since it's a more recent file than what I do most of my work on now which is the blender 2.7 version. I am still debating on whether I wan't the characters as low poly or not but it's something I have to experiment with while moving forward with this project.

Producing
I attempted to make skeleton parts from a reference image,mostly the parts that would stick out of the body such as the arms and head. After making it I thought I would test what it would look in a body and since it's close to Halloween I decided to make a orange version with a hat. I also tried to get ideas for the town and I what I decided to go for is a sort of midevil town. I liked the idea of it being a sort of folk tale so I decided for it to feel like taking place in the past.







Medieval Town Map

Evaluating
I feel I have my ideas in place I just have to start working on producing the setting and characters that will be in the story itself. The skeleton work for the enemy is done I just need to create a body for said skeleton. Since I haven't done something like that before it was fun and interesting on creating a skeleton since its a bit different then just creating a person or object. My time management is something I have to work on when doing a project like this which takes up some time to work on.

Integrating
From doing this it has really required me to practice with things I may not be that comfortable with such as creating something from a reference image. It allows me to practice with being creative and trying to implement my thoughts into what I am trying to make, which sounds easy on paper but a lot harder in practice. Overall doing this has let me polish skills I have been using for blender and try out some new ways of using blender that let me make more detailed and better objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Blogpost 2

Semi-recently I had attempted to enter a contest to be an accessory creator. The task was to create two accessories that took up two differe...